New Year’s resolutions may already be a distant memory and your motivation to have a balanced diet and exercise regularly may be decreasing. By now you have probably have some bad days, faced road blocks and tricky challenges, which may already made you doubt in reaching your goals. But don’t give up.
Here are 5 tried and trusted ways that will help you stay motivated and keep you going toward your goals.
1. REVIEW YOUR REASONS: It’s easy to forget the reasons that make you to commit to making a significant change in your life. Review the reasons for your new-found exercise and balanced diet inspiration regularly to regularly remind yourself why you are doing this.
2. KEEP A DIARY: Write down the reasons for exercising regularly or having a balanced diet in your diary and keep a record of your progress. Seeing what you have accomplished and how far you have come will encourage and motivate you to keep going on.
3. FIND A TRAINING BUDDY: Find a training buddy who has similar goals and is at a similar level to you in terms of fitness and strength. Having a partner will keep you motivated and ensure that you don’t skip sessions.
4. VARY YOUR EXERCISES: An always-the-same training plan that brings little variety and no longer challenges you will certainly kill your motivation sooner or later. Vary your training and keep it interesting by taking on new challenges or changing your program every month.
5. REWARD YOURSELF: No, don’t reward yourself with chocolate or ice cream because you made it through the first month of your new diet and training plan. Instead, it’s a better idea to buy yourself a new training top or spoil yourself with a day at the spa. Then keep stretching the goals you have to achieve to get another reward. In this way, you’ll stay motivated, focused and work hard toward your overall goal.
6. DON’T FORGET THE POWER OF MUSIC: Motivational, pump-up songs will make your training sessions fun and improve your performance.