Snacks are often linked to calorie-rich food. Well, this doesn’t go for all. Here are seven healthy snacks that will satisfy your hunger and help you burn fat at the same time. Cool, right?
- PEPPERS WITH HOUMOUS: Red peppers contain plenty of vitamin C, which helps you produce carnitine, a substance that helps build muscle and burn fat. Houmous gives you a protein hit to satisfy your hunger.
- TWO OATCAKES SPREAD WITH PEANUT BUTTER: Oatcakes release energy slowly, while the protein in the peanut butter keeps you full for longer. In addition, peanuts increase the rate at which your body burns calories.
- HALF A GRAPEFRUIT: Having grapefruit before a meal has been proven to reduce weight gain. It also increases insulin resistance.
- POACHED EGG WITH WILTED SPINACH: Studies have discovered eating eggs can help limit your calorie intake later in the day, while spinach can increase weight loss by up to 43 per cent.
- SEEDY BERRY SMOOTHIE: Blend a banana with a big handful of berries, a tablespoon of flaxseed and a glass of almond milk. The combination of fiber and healthy fat will fuel you for hours.
- CELERY STICKS WITH GUACAMOLE: Celery helps fill you up without the calories, while the chili in the guacamole can help improve your metabolism.
- BOWL OF GREEK YOGURT WITH CINNAMON: The far and protein in the yogurt will fill you up, while cinnamon has been discovered to balance blood sugar and stop you craving for treats.