Cheap, easy to cook and nutrient rich – no surprise that cauliflower is the latest healthy miracle ingredient.
What makes it so good?
- Very low calorie – a third of the calories of potatoes
- Rich in vitamin C, which is crucial for a healthy immune system; about a third of a cauliflower head provides you with enough vitamin C
- Low GI, which means that the natural sugars are released slowly, making you feeling fuller for longer
- It contains phytonutrients, which help stimulate the enzymes that process and remove unwanted toxins from your body
- Beneficial for digestive health – high in fiber to keep your digestive tract moving
- Rich in antioxidants, which combats the effects of free radicals on the body’s cells
- Cheap to buy, but it’s well worth growing it yourself