Enjoy a work-free day to its fullest and have a 24-hour adventure, also called a micro-adventure. But don’t forget the essential equipment.
What do you need? Beside classic equipment, you will also need:
- Sleeping bag: don’t worry about purchasing an expensive sleeping bag at first. Simply use whatever you already have at home. Also take an extra jumper if it gets cold.
- Sleeping mat: adds comfort and warmth to your night, so definitely important piece. Cheap foam mats are bulky but adequate.
- Woolly hat: essential for warmth on all but the mildest summer nights. Pull it down over your eyes to keep out the too-early dawn light.
- Bivvy bag: like a raincoat for your sleeping bag. Cheaper, lighter, less faff and more fun than a tent. Take a cheap tarpaulin and a few bungees too to set up a shelter in case of heavy rain.
- Waterproof jacket: always take a rainproof coat, just in case. It can be used as warm clothing or a pillow too.