If you have a child, it’s probably very tricky for you to find time for a run. So why not running with your kid? First make sure you buy a suitable jogging stroller, which will guarantee comfort and safety for your child. Then you need to learn the right running technique. Here are some useful tips.
- If you run one-handed always wear the safety strap.
- Don’t lean into the stroller when you run. Stay upright, close to the stroller with your elbows bent.
- Take your time. You’ll get faster and eventually running will become easier, but you’ll always be slower running with a buggy.
- Run as naturally as possible without adjusting your form. If you struggle on hills and therefore lean on the stroller or push with the outside of your feet, slow down.
- Don’t grip the handle too hard. This is a common mistake, which can cause wrist and finger pain.
- If you run one-handed, try to swing your free arm as you would do naturally.
- Don’t be afraid to stop. Consider each run as an adventure and if your kid becomes bored, you can always let them out for a play while you do some squats and jumps.