If you are wondering what else can you do to improve your trail running performance, read the following tips.
- Running all the time in specialist fell shoes isn’t comfortable, so make sure some of your training is in your comfy road/trail shoes.
- Ride your bike. Cross-training will do wonders for your endurance and climbing. It’s good to cycle miles on the road as well as off-road.
- Do short hill sprints. Find a hill that takes about three minutes to run up, and do 10 reps. Or if you’re doing a hilly circuit, treat it like a fartlek and run hard up the climb, then run easy off it to the next ascent, and then go hard uphill again.
- Make sure you enjoy fell running. After all, this is supposed to be fun.
- Practise off road. And then practise some more. And then when you’re done, practise again.