Preparation time: cca. 30 minutes (plus cooking and frying time)
Per portion cca. 313 kcal / 1315 kJ
9 g P, 9 g F, 46 g CH
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 500 g white asparagus
- 20 g butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 shallots
- 3 tbsp oil
- 200 g Arborio rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp each of chopped parsley and chopped chervil
- 20 g Parmesan
- Rinse the asparagus, then peel and remove the ends. Cut the stalks into 4 cm pieces. Add 10 g of butter and the sugar to 1.5 litres of boiling salted water, and cook the asparagus for cca. 5 minutes. Remove and drain, saving the cooking liquid.
- Peel and chop the shallots. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the shallots. Stir in the Arborio rice and bay leaf and cook, stirring, until coated in the oil.
- Pour 200 ml of the asparagus cooking liquid over the rice and cook, stirring frequently, until absorbed. Slowly add the rest of the liquid. After 10 minutes, add the asparagus and frozen peas into the rice, stir well.
- When the rice is creamy, add the rest of the butter and the chopped herbs. Grate the Parmesan. Serve the risotto sprinkled over the Parmesan.