Makes 2 servings
PER SERVING: Calories: 420; Fat: 20g; Saturated fat: 3g; Carbs: 42g; Fiber: 7g; Protein: 21g
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 cups chopped green, red, and yellow bell peppers
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2⁄3 cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup roasted sesame seeds
1. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together soy sauce, tomato paste, honey, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
2. Cut tofu into 1½-inch cubes and put in bowl with soy sauce mixture. Toss gently to coat. Cover and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. When tofu is done marinating, heat oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put peppers in a small bowl. Add sesame oil and coat evenly. Arrange peppers in a single layer on half of the baking sheet; arrange tofu on the other half. Bake for 30 minutes.
4. Put ⅓ cup brown rice into two bowls. If you want, top with tofu, peppers, and soy sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds.