Preparation time: cca. 20 minutes (plus cooking time)
Per portion: cca. 292 kcal / 1226 kJ
29 g P, 8 g F, 23 g CH
- 500 g beef fillet
- 2 cm piece of fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 red and 1 green pepper
- 100 g mushrooms
- 6 plums
- 250 ml plum juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp grated rind of 1 unwaxed orange
- Rinse and pat dry the beef fillet, then cut into thin strips. Peel and grate the ginger. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok and cook both for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, then remove.
- Rinse, dry and trim the pepper, remove the seeds and cut into dices. Trim the mushrooms and wipe with a damp cloth, then cut into slices. Rinse and dry the plums, halve and remove the stones.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the wok and sauté the vegetables and mushrooms for cca. 3 minutes. Add the plums, and cook for another 2 minutes. Mix the plum juice, lemon juice, soy sauce and cornstarch, and place in the wok. Add the ground cinnamon, mustard powder and orange rind, and bring to the boil.
- Simmer the sauce until creamy. Add the beef and ginger, then heat through. Serve with rice.