Cacao and Date Gluten-Free Muesli
INGREDIENTS (Serves 15)
- 40g puffed buckwheat
- 20g puffed millet
- 20g puffed brown rice
- 50g flaked coconut
- 300g roughly chopped nuts (almonds, cashews, hazelnuts and pistachios)
- 40g seeds (sunflower and pumpkin)
- 2 tbsp white chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 20g raw cacao powder
- 190g Medjool dates, finely chopped
- 80g coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey as optional sweetener
- Fresh berries, to top
- Milk, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 150C/ 300F/ Gas Mark 2. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Add the chopped dates, ensure that they don’t stick together.
- Pour the melted coconut oil (and maple syrup or honey) over the mixture. Stir the mixture with a large spoon until it turns dark brown. Pour the mixture into two large baking trays lined with baking paper and place into the oven for around 15 minutes. Stir once after 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for half an hour. The puffs will first feel soft but will turn hard and crunchy as they cool. Put in an air-tight container and store for up to three weeks. Serve with the milk of your choice and fresh berries.