Courgetti Spaghetti with Tomato, Basil and Avocado Sauce
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2-3)
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 3 ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 ½ tbsp tamari
- 2 large courgettes
For the sauce:
- 100g sun-dried tomatoes, soaked
- ½ avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 60g pine nuts
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the sliced red peppers in a bowl and pour over the tamari and apple cider vinegar. Cover and set aside to marinate.
- Take your spiraliser, mandolin or julienne slicer and get to work on the courgettes. Your goal is to create spaghetti or tagliatelle-like strips. Place your strips in a bowl ready for the sauce.
- Put all the sauce ingredients in a food processor and blitz. You’ll get a paste-like sauce, but if it’s too thick, add a small amount of water water to thin it out. Pour the sauce over the courgetti, stir well, top with the marinated peppers and serve.