Preparation time: cca. 25 minutes (plus cooking and frying time)
Per portion: cca. 415 kcal / 1743 kJ
45 g P, 22 g F, 8 g CH
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 4 shallots
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 ready-to-cook plaice, skin on
- lime juice for sprinkling and slices of an unwaxed lime to garnish
- Peel and chop the shallots. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan, and sauté the shallots. Trim and peel the cucumber and cut into chunks. Stir in to the shallots and cook. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the white wine vinegar and cook until almost evaporated.
- Rinse, dry, and peel the tomatoes, then cut into dices. Add to the vegetables in the pan, stir, then keep warm.
- Heat the butter and the rest of the oil in a pan. Rinse and pat dry the plaice and fry, skin side down, for 4 minutes. Turn, and fry on the other side for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle a little lime juice over the plaice, then decorate with the vegetables and lime slices to serve.