Here’s a delicious recipe idea for a pre-exercise frittata.
- 8 medium-sized eggs
- 1 bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 200g of chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- Pinch of black pepper or chili pepper
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/ Gas Mark 2.
- Place the mushrooms in a medium-sized, oven-proof frying pan and cook them for around 5 minutes until they begin to soften, then remove from heat.
- Whisk up the eggs in a jug, then stir in the onions, parsley, mushrooms and pepper, mix well and set aside.
- Drizzle a little oil into a non-stick pan over a medium heat, add the egg mixture and cook for around 5 minutes, until the bottom of the frittata is set. Place the whole pan into the oven and cook for about 8 minutes or until the top of the frittata is just set, then remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few moments. Place an upside down plate on top of the frying pan and then flip the dish over so that the frying pan is now upside down and the frittata is on the plate.
- Leave to cool down, then cut into slices. Put in a fridge-proof container and store for up to 4 days.