Protein-rich iced coffee is a delicious cold drink combining three great ingredients: coffee, chocolate and protein. It’s a triple treat for hot summer mornings when you’re looking for a cold caffeine boost.
Beware: A store-bought iced coffee product such as a mocha frappacino can contain up to 450 calories and up to 40g of sugar for unflavoured variants – this is 10 teaspoons! If you add a flavouring, the sugar content is increased to 60-75g of sugar.
So keep in mind: If you decide to make your favourite iced coffee recipe at home, you have control over the ingredients and quantities, and therefore control over your daily calorie and sugar intake.
- single or double shot of espresso
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 scoop whey protein powder, chocolate flavour
- 10 ice cubes
1. Brew the espresso shot(s) and let to cool.
2. Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Add more ice (thinner) or more almond milk (thicker) to get the desired consistency.