Preparation time: cca. 20 minutes (plus drying, dissolving and cooling time)
Per portion: cca. 178 kcal / 748 kJ
7 g P, 1 g F, 33 g CH
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp raspberry vinegar
- 100 g sugar
- 2 tbsp cranberry jelly
- 2 tbsp unsweetened orange juice
- 1 tsp grated rind of 1 unwaxed orange
- 150 g low-fat cream cheese or ricotta
- 175 g raspberries
- Whisk the 2 egg whites until stiff, then add the starch and vinegar, whisk well. Slowly add the sugar, still whisking, until the mixture is firm and shiny and the sugar crystals have dissolved. Pre-heat the oven to 150 °C (Gas Mark 2).
- Divide the stiff egg white into 4, and spoon or pipe circles of 10 cm diameter on a lined baking sheet, leaving gaps between them. Put in the oven to dry until the meringues are light brown and crisp.
- In the meantime, heat the cranberry jelly in a saucepan with the orange juice and rind and dissolve, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the meringues from the baking sheet and put on plates. Brush with the cream cheese or ricotta. Pick over the raspberries, then rinse, pat dry and arrange on the meringues. Pour over the cranberry sauce and serve.