Fitness bra protects your body, since breast movement can cause the outer skin and connective tissue to stretch, which can lead to irreversible damage to the breasts.
During exercise, research has shown that breasts move in a 3D movement, going up and down, in and out, and side to side. A properly fitted sports bra reduces breast bounce by up to 74% – almost twice as effective at minimizing breast movement as a regular bra, which reduces bounce by an average of 38%.
Tips to choose the right Fitness bra
- If you have never worn a sports bra before, start with the same bra size you would normally wear.
- Make sure that the back band is at the same level all the way round. If it rides up, it’s too big.
- If you are wearing an encapsulation bra, the centrepiece have to lie flat against your chest.
- Different bras offer different levels of support. The type you need will depend on your cup size and the type of exercise you do.
- Use selection guides, which help you to find out which support level is best for you.