Wearing sunglasses is essential because the eye can be seriously damaged by UVA and UVB rays. Performance eyewear can also offer protection from hostile weather conditions, flying particles and vision distortion.
Let’s have a look at the major benefits of wearing quality sunglasses.
1) Running can put great strain on the eyes. Performance eyewear is a must for anyone who takes their running seriously. The human eye is not designed to allow much air to pass at speed for long periods of time. Some running sunglasses have filters to counter excess wind; others will just deflect away wind from the eye.
2) When running, you can be subjected to glare from the road and also be exposed to long periods of sunlight. This can cause you to squint, leading to tension in the face that can affect the rest of your body. Eyewear can help block the glare.
3) Getting foreign particles in your eye can be painful and, probably, threatens your race performance. Wearing sunglasses can help alleviate the problem of dust coming up off the road in a race or training.
4) The sun’s rays can be very harmful. Eyewear can protect the eyes from UVA and UVB light.
5) Sports glasses come with interchangeable lenses, meaning you can wear them when the sun isn’t shining to help keep rain and the other, more hostile, weather conditions away from your eyes. Special, hydroponic lenses help to keep out the water.